10.6.09

The Tails of Katie & Seamus


Aha! See? Look, Seamus...I figured out how to make it work!

Katie, are you sure you know how to use that thing?

No...but it's not making any crazy noises...I'm just having fun chasing the things on the screen! Ooooh, almost got that one....almost got that one too...

Won't Girl-People be mad and spray us with the waterbottle?

Oh, Seamus, live a little...besides you get sprayed every other day for something.

I do not...okay...maybe I do...but I can't help that she doesn't get up when she's supposed to. We have to be fed when we're ready to be fed, ya know?

Very true...and you do such a good job of getting her up. How do you do it?

Well, I start by jumping up on the bed and walk all the way up until I reach her head...

Yes? Then what?

Then I start nudging under her chin like I want to be petted...we cats can never have too much loving. She usually pushes me away (I think my whiskers might tickle her nose) and says something about it's not time for breakfast or it's not time for her to get up. But I just keep coming back until she gets up.

Who does she think she is?! The boss of the house? She should know by now that we rule the house.

I know. She's a good girl-people but hasn't yet figured out that we make the rules. Anyway, if she doesn't get up right away when I want her to, then I start climbing up on the window ledge in the bedroom and knock the lamp over while I'm at it (that usually makes her spray me with water).

But sometimes, she still doesn't get up. Then what?

Then I go back to the nudging and meowing and she will keep pushing me away and usually has sprayed me a few times by then. Eventually, she gets up but I wait by the foot of the bed to make sure she's actually getting up.

Doesn't she step on you?

Sometimes she trips over me but it's worth it because once she's up, we get fed!

Mmmm....food....I'm hungry...when Girl-People getting home anyway? Oh, wait...I think I hear...something outside the door...maybe it's...oooop! Gotta go! She's home! Food!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

silliness! :o)

(although i think solomon would fit right in...)

a guy, a gal and 2 cats said...

never leave your computer unattended with felines around...